Bainbridge International DIAX-OS-HMT
Because scrim fibers are laid as flat tapes, as opposed to round yarns, thickness is reduced, and adhesion improved. Scrims are created using a process that removes the crimp that gives stretch. Reduced hinging will lessen laminate breakdown and shrinking. DIAX-OS-HMT is a zero-crimp warp using HM Twaron fibers in primary directions. The bias loads are controlled with DIAX scrim to reduce the load on the film and increase sail life. It locks the warp and fill fibers to improve shape retention. It is a film/film style.
All DIAX fabrics are known for their low stretch, light weight and durability and DIAX-OS-HMT is no different. Because scrim fibers are laid as flat tapes, as opposed to round yarns, thickness is reduced, and adhesion improved. The scrims are created using a process that removes the crimp that allows for stretch over time. This increases the shape-holding ability of the sail by reducing the load on the film and spreading the tension out more evenly, increasing the sail life.More information from Bainbridge International
- PENTEX is used on all Warp Fibers
- Increased resistance to Mildew allowing for use in high humidity areas
- Layers of taffeta are laminated to film improving the lamination adherence.
- Double films provide a nicer finished look to the sail, hiding the scrim from view
- Warp and fill weaves are very strong the DIAX scrim increases bias strength to handle unexpected forces acting on the sail
- Double Taffeta will increase the resistance to de-lamination
- 90/130/180 styles have a higher density to the Warp fibers to increase strength
Advanced Lamination Technology
- Constructed using two films that are encapsulated by the taffeta – benefits include less moisture retention, increased bond strength and smoother appearance
- Mildew resistant
- Double taffeta style
Is This The Best Cloth For You?
Our Sail Consultants are always happy to schedule a time to discuss your boat, sailing location, and experience level to help narrow down the results and provide the best priced no-obligation quote possible!Book a Consultation